Friday, February 19, 2010

Album Review: Sex Therapy By Robin Thicke


Ironically I purchased Robin Thicke's Sex Therapy album on Valentine's Day. I can thoroughly say I was let down.

I picked this up as a gift to my wife because she really liked his last album and once again, it was Valentine's Day. There was only one cut that I could say that I would push repeat to hear.
The rest was full of album cuts that really didn't stand out.

What really surprised me was the list of executive producers. 3 names in particular out of 4 that are serious music industry veterans who gave a stamp of approval on this release. I'm talkin' big names like Jimmy Iovine, Andre Harrell, & Pharell Williams. Three people that really know music and are responsible for millions of albums sold.

I asked my wife if giving it another listen would change her mind.

Another thing that was wack especially since it came from Wal-Mart was there were all kinds of explicit lyrics starting from track 1. There was no parental advisory label on the front and the CD was unedited.
I took the CD back to Wal-Mart and exchanged it for Rhianna. :)

I'll post on her review soon...

Let's Make it Happen!!!


Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist

www.RapBeatCreator.com
www.Beats4ADub.com
www.MusicMarketingPromotions.com

**********************************

No comments: