Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hiphop History Month: My Earliest Hiphop Memories

My fellow Hiphoppas,

In my last blog, mentioned that November was Hiphop History Month. It's amazing how far the Hiphop Kulture has come since I fell in love with it back in the 70's. Back then, I was absorbing to do everything I could that had to do with Hiphop. I love rapping, breaking deejaying, and graffitti. I had my crew back down in ATL and we were a fanatics of the culture.

You could catch us in the neighborhood everyday with some cardboard, some fresh gear, a boombox, and a whole bunch of energy ready to get at it. Being Hiphop meant being cool and smooth and different. I remember talent shows at Samuel L. Jones Boys Club in the heart of Decatur where campers my age would win pop lockin' off of "It's Like That" by Run-DMC.

I can even remember being 13 and going on a cruise to Mexico and just being Hiphop to the fullest. I'm pretty sure I introduced a lot of passengers to Hiphop during that cruise. I was a breakin' machine by that point. I was eat, sleeping, and breathing Hiphop.

Today I am still like that young boy. I still get excited about this Kulture. I live, eat, and breathe it everyday.

Are you still true to Hiphop?

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist
mello@free-hot-rap.com

Download 7 FREE Rap Instrumentals, FREE Hiphop Instrumentals, and FREE R & B Instrumentals Right Now at www.Free-Hot-Rap.com.

No comments: