Thursday, August 2, 2007

What's holding you back?

Whassup folks? In my effort to get a blog posted on a consistent basis, I missed posting for a couple of days. I could go on and say it was my Internet connection that was the problem but that's not the Truth. What really happened was that yes, I had some connection difficulties but the problem was me prioritizing blogging versus some other 'stuff'.

I had ample opportunity to post at certain times of the day but I chose to do other things. Those are the facts, that I chose to do something else. How does this relate to you?

Have you been working on you music career or are you waiting on the perfect moment to get started. They say if you wait for your ship to come in too long then your peer will collapse. What this means is 'What are you waiting for???'

You eat an elephant one bite at a time, not by trying to stuff the whole thing in your mouth. So what's the next move for you?

Are you writing to instrumentals to finish your album or demo?
Have you finished your demo and just need to ship it out to your contacts? Are you waiting to get discovered by some top-level record executive. I hope not!

See as I've often said and continually learn, nothing replaces action. You could be the most fire emcee on the mic but if you ain't puttin' in the footwork it takes to be successful then you might as well DO SOMETHING ELSE! See this music biz takes a lot of work. Are you committed to making it work or are you just talking about it?

There is a difference and it's called action. See what can happen when you just act on your plan (Planning is a blog post discussion coming soon). I can site numerous examples. You won't believe how far you've gotten in such a short time with the combination of a laser beam focus and some action. So do something today. Don't wait because time waits for no man!

I'll Holla!

P.S. Don't forget to check me out at Instrumentals.Free-Hot-Rap.com

No comments: