Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Echo Project 2007 Wrap Up: The Recap of Hiphop Acts

Wow, by my standards, the first ever Echo Project festival was a success. I got to meet a lot of people and I had a great time. Big up to my J.O., A-Tow for picking me to go represent. Also, shouts out to the promoter, my main man Jason, for the lookout.

Hiphop was truly in the house this past weekend. The only show I really got to see was Common. He turned it out! His "band" included a live drummer, Kareem Riggins, a keyboardist, and a live deejay. It was dope to see.

I didn't get a chance to actually see the other Hiphop acts with my eyes but I heard them with my ears. The GZA/Slick Rick set sounded pretty good and Cypress Hill always puts on a good show. I missed The Roots and Collective Efforts altogether. They performed on Sunday but I was worn out by working long hours Thursday thru Saturday.

All in all, I think the festival was a success. I had a really good time and I would have loved to be onstage with all of those people in the crowd. People actually came and camped out for 3 days just to be in the place to be. $200 per ticket & $20 per car. I've never seen so many tents in my life.

Also, the other thing that was interesting (besides the naked lady trippin' on drugs) was the prevalent use of Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas). The partygoers would buy balloons filled with this stuff and just inhale it all. $5 per balloon! Too much excitement for me.

It will be interesting to see how next year's festival will turn out.

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist
mello@free-hot-rap.com

Download 7 Free Hot Rap Instrumentals, Hiphop Instrumentals, and R&B Instrumentals Right Now at www.Free-Hot-Rap.com.

P.S. Don't forget to check out my homeboy Jax and his new album "Sharper Images". Check him out at http://www.seriousknockent.com/.

Equal Justice In America!

No comments: