Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Working Through Mood Swings To Stay Focused On Rap and Hiphop

Have you ever had one of those days where you wanted to just quit working toward being a success in Rap music? I ain't gonna lie. I have and I'm having one today as a matter of fact. Yesterday was equally as blah as well.

The fact is we all have mood swings, especially when things or events are not going our way. I'm not motivated to do anything today, however, I know that I must move ahead and make progress. I learned something a few years ago about having emotional ups and downs when you want to achieve your goals.

Its called "working to rule not mood". Every now and then I forget this but most of the time this is what keeps me going and helps me eliminate procrastination. What it means is this in the simplest terms:

Work your plan to be a ruler, not just to change your mood. Also, it means don't let your mood deter you from you plan.

This is very important to us as artists and record label owners because sometimes things don't go as planned. Sometimes our jobs slow us down. Sometimes its our family or friends. Regardless, we are still responsible for the choices that we make in life.

For me, its a combination of things that have gotten me unfocused but I must continue to work. I must continue to blog. I must continue to market myself and others. I must continue on the journey I have started or else what? Quit? Naw folks, that ain't in my blood.

Here's what I do to work through it. I focus on something good that has happened in my life or someone I know. Sometimes this takes a while to work but it does work. So please remember to keep your eyes on your goals regardless of how you feel. The feelings will eventually pass away but if you change your goal every time something goes wrong, you'll never achieve anything.

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist
mello@free-hot-rap.com

Download 7 Hot Rap Instrumentals, Hiphop Instrumentals, and R & B Instrumentals Right Now at http://www.free-hot-rap.com/!!!

P.S. My homie Jax knows all about staying focused with his new album "Sharper Images". Check him out at http://www.seriousknockent.com/.




P.S.S. National Economic Boycott Day Nov. 2, 2007 - Let's not spend any money on this date so that we can let the justice system know we mean business.

No comments: