Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hiphoppas: How Do You Feel About the Samples In Rap Instrumentals?

No Trivia: Post-Purist Sampling: "I never think too hard about sampling on any kind of ethical level until a sample jumps out at me as being particularly “bullshit” or I’m forced to defend sampling as a concept. "

Sampling in Hiphop is a art by itself. If it wasn't for sampling, Rap music would not be where it is today. So what makes a good sample?

I think the best producers can flip a sample and no one knows where they got it from. Sometimes a producer will just keep the sample raw but I think it's best to replay it or add effects to it to make it sound unique.

Most times it doesn't matter to me. I can rock over samples and a live band if the job calls for it so I don't really get to stuck in the samples vs. non-samples debate.

Well this post is going to be short tonight. I'll pick up tomorrow where I left off.

Let Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist
mello@free-hot-rap.com
Download 7 Free Rap, Hiphop, and R&B instrumentals RIGHT NOW @ http://www.free-hot-rap.com/

P.S. Check out my main man, legendary Hiphop artist, Jax and his Hot new album "Sharper Images" at http://www.seriousknockent.com/.


"Sharper Images" by Jax
Free The Jena 6!!!

No comments: