Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Does Expressing Hiphop Ever Go Out of Style?

I guess I should have titled this blog "Do You Ever Get Too Old To Express Hiphop?" I have heard several people attempt to put an age limit to being Hiphop or expressing the Hiphop Kulture. I even know several people who have bought into this way of thinking. Well, of course you know I have my opinion about this train of thought.

What makes a person Hiphop is not because they can rap, deejay, or bomb a fly piece on a train. Its not how many records are sold, shows are performed, how much time is spent in the studio, and that list could go on. Hiphip is much more than that. I read an article yesterday that I didn't have a chance to post a comment about. I could tell the reader had no idea what they were speaking of concerning Hiphop. Don't worry, they will be getting a reply soon.

The writer expressed their disgust that rap music had become the most popular genre of music. They said some pretty ill things about the music and Kulture but how many other people feel like this? I'm sure many more do.

As a person who's lived the Hiphop Kulture since "Rapper's Delight", I believe I have the knowledge, wisdom, and understanding to speak about it and correct those who are in error. Those who want to debate me, let's do it. And I don't have a problems standing up for what I know, believe in, and AM!

With age comes wisdom (usually) and I'm wise enough to know that no matter how old I may be by the calendar, it doesn't change the FACT that I AM Hiphop.

Now in addition to being Hiphop, I am also a businessman, with Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration. The rap music industry has taught me to be a businessman. Actually, I finished my degree just a couple of years ago so that I could be a better businessman and operate my businesses like businesses. So I am a Hiphop businessman. Or should I say, Hiphop produced a businessman, and a damn good one too!

So for those who've abandoned Hiphop because of their various reasons, I can't trip on you. They're your reasons. Peace and have a good one! I know what Hiphop has done for me and I know that it's not a fad. Fads don't last 30+ years. Most things don't last 30+ years for that matter.

I my world, expressing Hiphop never goes out of style because it is the style. In words of my boy Eddie Meeks, Gyeah!!!

You can get at me at mello@free-hot-rap.com.

Let's Make It Happen!


Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist


Download 7 Free Hot Rap, Hiphop, and R&B Instrumentals Right Now at http://www.free-hot-rap.com/!


P.S. Check out my main man, legendary Hiphop artist, Jax and his Hot new album "Sharper Images" at http://www.seriousknockent.com/.

"Sharper Images" by Jax

Free The Jena 6!!!

No comments: