Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's Hotter: The Rap Instrumental or the Rapper?

I recall a few years ago a statement that Dr. Dre made about what makes a rap song hot. He said that you could tell a song is going to be hot within the first few seconds. I don't know about you but to me that means the beat has to be bangin'!!!

We all know there are alot of famous rap stars but think about it for a second: The music is what makes you move. A skilled emcee will compliment the instrumental and be in harmony like a symphony. A poor emcee can make a dope beat sound horrible.

For me I've always liked to nod my head to some good music. The passion comes out when I recite the lyrics but the beats have always keep me groovin'.

I remember growing up a die hard LL Cool J fan. What's funny is I heard 2 songs by him on the radio, "Bad" and "Rock The Bells" today and the lyrics and beats fit perfectly. But still, I could've heard the instrumentals only and been cool with just that.

I personally think the beats are hotter than the lyrics of a song. On one final note, an acapella would be pretty hard to dance to! Give me the beats anyday!

Whadda ya think? You can comment here or reply by email at mello@free-hot-rap.com.

Let's Make It Happen!
Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist
Download 7 Free Rap, Hiphop, and R&B Instrumentals at www.Free-Hot-Rap.com.

No comments: